Environmental Education Group
The Group of Environmental Education of the National Aquarium of Cuba has been carrying out activities for more than 20 years with the objective of developing an educational work related to the coastal marine environment, collaborating with the centers of different levels of General, Polytechnic and Labor Education , Including Special Education.
The main objective of the Environmental Education of our institution is to transmit and disseminate clear and precise information through all means of communication, develop programs of extension to social groups and educational institutions to form true promoters of Environmental Education, deploy environmental educational actions Concrete and precise.
Specific work objectives
- 1.- Contribute to develop a solid environmental culture in the present and future generation encouraging the attention and concern for nature and the sea in particular.
- 2.- To support the teaching educational work of the schools in the different levels of education, including the special education.
- 3.- Contribute to develop in children, youth and visitors in general a deep love for the marine environment given by our status as an island and archipelago.
- 4.- Develop and promote "self-managing" behaviors in children, youth and other social actors of coastal communities with positive actions towards the marine and coastal environment of their locality.
- 5.- Publicize and promote through folding, posters, events, books, workshops and competitions the fundamental activity of the National Aquarium.
1.- General Educational Program.
The Environmental Education group implements a General Education Program with the purpose of "Making the world of the Sea accessible to all", thus contributing to transform attitudes towards the environment, expanding and deepening through a continuous and permanent process, knowledge On the coastal marine environment, achieving the self-managing participation of children, young people and older adults in solving environmental problems in their communities.
Guided and / or guided visit.
It allows the visitor a deep and convincing approach to the marine environment and its species. This activity will be carried out by a specialist of the Environmental Education Group and will be previously coordinated by the teacher with the Environmental Education group.